If you’re looking for a light, low-calorie dinner or lunch that is easy to make, this is the recipe for you!
What you will need:
120 grams of large leaf young spinach
4 sheets of square filo pastry
50 grams of goat’s cheese
Seasoning: salt, pepper, garlic powder. (Feel free to use more herbs and spices to your taste!)
(This recipe serves 2)
How to make the parcels:
- Preheat your oven to 180C / 350F/Gas mark 4.
- Wilt your spinach in a frying pan. (This is done by throwing it into a pan with no oil or water. It will start to shrink).
- Use 2 sheets of Filo pastry per parcel (Double them). Spread them out onto a surface.
- Beat an egg in a bowl to create an egg wash.
- Crumble the goat’s cheese onto the two doubled sheets. (Half of the quantity for each).
- Add the spinach onto the goat’s cheese on the two doubled sheets. (Half of the quantity on each parcel).
- Brush the edges of the filo pastry with the egg wash.
- Fold the edges into the centre to create a box-like shape. Brush the egg wash onto any extra edges to lay them down.
- Lay out some foil onto your baking tray. Spray your baking tray with a cooking spray.
- Put the parcels on the baking tray.
- Leave in the oven for 15 minutes or until golden brown.