If you tell me that Ghanaian grilled chicken tastes the same as any other type of grilled chicken then I’m sorry but you are mistaken! The unique smokiness and spiciness of this charred dish allows it to stand out among its grilled chicken counterparts. Without doubt, this is my favourite way to cook chicken and no other recipe (in my opinion) can ever match up to this one. (Yes I am that confident!).
As usual, I had to find a way to make the recipe a bit healthier and lighter for you guys so instead of using the usual skin-on chicken pieces, I used tender boneless, skinless chicken thighs. You can get these from most supermarkets and trust me, they are so delicious! You wouldn’t even notice the lack of bone or skin on them. You can also use chicken breasts or turkey.
Without further ado, here is the recipe:-
What you will need:-
6 boneless, skinless chicken thigh pieces
4 Scotch bonnet peppers
4 tablespoons of ginger puree
2 tablespoons of garlic puree
3 all-purpose seasoning cubes
1 teaspoon of thyme
3 tablespoons of extra-virgin olive oil
- Simply put all your ingredients into a blender and blend to make the marinade.
- After you wash your chicken, pour your marinade over it and let it soak in for 1 hour or overnight.
- Preheat your oven to 200 celsius on the grill setting.
- Put your chicken on a baking tray and place in the oven for 20 minutes.
- After 20 minutes, flip over your pieces and leave in for another 5 minutes.
- Increase the temperature of your oven to 250 degrees celsius and let your chicken char for 5 minutes.
- Done! x
I normally say at this point “I hope you give this recipe a try” but today I’m saying that you HAVE TO give this recipe a try!
Don’t forget to subscribe and follow my social media.
Thanks for reading!