I love water! Honestly, I do. Not only is it refreshing on a hot, sunny day but it’s also a miracle drink as it’s a quick solution to many issues we may have with our bodies e.g. pimples, bloating and the flu! It’s essential to get in your 1.5-2 litres of water a day and this post is going to share with you some tips that will help you stay on track! Without further ado, here are the tips:-
- Carry a bottle around– The water bottle you see in the picture above is one of the items you will almost always see me with. Having it around is a constant reminder that I need to keep myself constantly refreshed and hydrated throughout the day.
2. Set yourself hourly targets– I’ve seen loads of pictures on Pinterest where people draw marks on their 2 litre bottles of water to note the hours of the day that they need to finish a certain amount by. To see an example, click here. I love this idea! I have adapted this into my day by for example, saying that by noon, I should have finished all the water in my bottle and will therefore need to refill throughout the rest of the day. You get the gist, right? Find what works for you. Set alarms, be creative!
3. Always order water when you eat out– This is key because even though you may order another drink, having the water there on the table will remind you to drink it. Also, you will slowly become accustomed to drinking this beverage as opposed to calorie and sugar-laden sodas.
4. Eat your water!– No, this isn’t a typo. This may sound strange but there are actually a lot of foods that contain high levels of water and in particular, fruit and vegetables! If you get bored of the same old water taste (if it even has a taste), then “eating” your water is a more exciting way to stay on track of your daily water intake goals.
5. Drink water in different forms– You don’t always have to have a simple glass of water to know that you are getting in your required daily amount. Don’t forget that drinks like teas, oat milk and healthy juices are a great way to sneak in some extra water points!
6. Drink water as soon as you wake up– The first think I put in my mouth in the morning is always water. I usually have a tall glass to start off with then I refill my bottle throughout the day. Drinking the majority of your water at the beginning of the day is also a great idea so that you avoid going to the bathroom several times in the middle of the night.
I hope you found this useful!
For more posts like this, subscribe!